Guys & Girls Groups
High School Men’s Group
Heeding the Second Vatican Council's declaration that “whoever follows Christ the perfect man becomes himself more a man” our ministry strives to foster Christian discipleship among the men of Good Shepherd Life Teen by pursuing the following goals:
- Empower men to live a Christian life through instruction in the Catholic faith and practical life skills
- Encourage men in their commitment to Jesus Christ and his Church through group fellowship and prayer
- Exhort men to live a life of ongoing conversion, growth in Christian virtue, and missionary zeal
Looking to the example of the great male Saints of our Catholic tradition and recognizing the signs of the times, our ministry earnestly endeavors to deepen in men the awareness of their true masculine identity in Jesus Christ. Thus by “speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ” (Eph 4:15).
High School Women’s Group
Believing that the feminine genius is inherent in the soul of every woman, our ministry seeks to awaken and encourage womens’ gifts of receptivity, sensitivity, generosity and call to motherhood as taught by Pope John Paul II in Mulieris Dignitatem. To that end, Good Shepherd Women’s Ministry seeks to accompany women on the journey toward holiness and help them to fully embrace their feminine genius by fostering growth in the following areas:
- an appreciation of the feminine intellect
- harmonization of reason and emotion
- equipping women to experience healthy relationships with God, self and others
- an understanding of the prophetic role of women
- upholding women saints as models of femininity transformed by grace
- cultivation of the Marian virtues
As Pope Paul VI said at the closing of the Second Vatican Council:
And now it is to you that we address ourselves, women of all states—girls, wives, mothers and widows, to you also, consecrated virgins and women living alone—you constitute half of the immense human family. As you know, the Church is proud to have glorified and liberated woman, and in the course of the centuries, in diversity of characters, to have brought into relief her basic equality with man. But the hour is coming, in fact has come, when the vocation of woman is being achieved in its fullness, the hour in which woman acquires in the world an influence, an effect and a power never hitherto achieved. That is why, at this moment when the human race is under-going so deep a transformation, women impregnated with the spirit of the Gospel can do so much to aid mankind in not falling.
It is our hope that through our ministry the girls of Good Shepherd will truly become women “impregnated with the spirit of the Gospel” who bear the light of Christ to the world.